Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: in_memoriam_of_+FRAVIA

So now we have two completely different midi files? Both can't be right (or perhaps they can). I guess I will indeed have to look into this myself, just have to find time!!
    And yes, that is the Adagietto from Mahler's 5th Symphony, but please don't listen to a midi version of it!! Yuck! Here's a link to a "real" version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duSL3y2LASI
    I performed the work with colleagues for a dear friend's memorial service and can attest to the music's power, which words are incapable of conveying or capturing. So enjoy...
    Now to find time to see what really is in there
    I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I need it.
    -John Cage

xenakis:

Thanks for the clip. The music is, indeed, both quite beautiful and powerful.

If you care to "share," what instrument did you play?

Regards,
    JMI

Glad you enjoyed the clip, it's truly incredible music. To answer your question, I am a violist by trade. It's a wonderful job: I play music and at the end of my work day my "clients" stand up and applaud!!
    I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I need it.
    -John Cage

Blog Entries
    not understood you guys: where you see mahler's music??

Shaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by evaluator View Post
    not understood you guys: where you see mahler's music??
    Then isnt mahler music?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Only hearing, and having not pauses and times of each note is very difficult say if a song is right or not.

Blog Entries
    Shaddy,
    i not put mahler in my puzzle.
    neviens solved puzzle on main first step; xenakis discovered name exactly.

now you show me your 'disasm', how you discovered mahler's music.

Shaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by evaluator View Post
    Shaddy,
    i not put mahler in my puzzle.
    neviens solved puzzle on main first step; xenakis discovered name exactly.

now you show me your 'disasm', how you discovered mahler's music.
    (Excuse my english..) Well, i was disassembling your code and transforming it to listening notes with "RETN" & "RETF" jumps... after that i was building a .midi file where the result was like "neviens" .midi file but with some different notes.. however in esence the result is same.

After that and hearing it often and reading some songs from Fravia+, i tought about Mehler and his 5 symphony... but before that i didnt read this forum.. and its just a mistake. I Guess Adagietto from Mahler can be a memorandum of Fravia+ too . Listen Harp "arpeggio" on this and test it .

Shaddy.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

I put the guess-me in the monthly contest of crackslatinos, and Shaddy try to resolve, when he ask me if mahler was a good solution, i send to this link for ask to the author. My english is bad and was not clear for me if the solutions presented till the moment are right or not.

ricnar