Thread: DEFCON and Black Hat Briefings in Vegas, who's going?

Blog Entries

DEFCON and Black Hat Briefings in Vegas, who's going?

Hey everyone!

The big annual IT security / hacking conferences DEFCON and Black Hat Briefings in Las Vegas are closing in fast, only two weeks left now (August 6-10)!

I know there are a bunch of security people on this board, so, who's going, other than me? It would be great to meet up with some board people over a beer or two!
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

Blog Entries
    In hope of getting any real on-topic replies to this inquiry, I've moved all off-topic posts from this thread to the following thread instead (further off-topic posts in this thread will be moved there too):

http://www.woodmann.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11929

Feel free to continue any discussions that are off-topic to this thread there.

So, to get back on topic again, c'mon people, I know that at least some of you are going, so just let me know if you are, and we'll meet up for a chat/beer in Vegas. Replies by PM are ok too, of course.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

<script>alert(0)</script> disavowed's Avatar
    I'll be there July 31 through August 11.

I won't be able to attend this year , however, a couple of my friends will be so I will be able to find out what went there and get some of the topics when they get back.

Blog Entries
    Have to be 18 to check into the hotels Still, my boss went, and so did some of my friends so I'll be hearing about what was happening.

My friends brought me some goodies from defcon , I got a few t-shirts, a human badge, copy of the cds (blackhat/defcon) and extra material from one of the classes in blackhat.

This goes to show that it doesn't take much to make me happy.