Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Enable a disabled Tab ?

alphino

How To Enable a disabled Tab ?

hi guys ,

I made some changes on a FlexLm protected software and after a couple of days I finally ran it without any license file.

My problem is that some of its options are disabled ( gray ).

I used "Windows Enabler" and it almost enabled everything except on tab which is still disable.

how can I enable that one ? I need just a general idea or a link to a good tutorial

Any help, or even just advice would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by alphino; April 13th, 2008 at 08:36.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

FlexLM licenses specifically enable certain features when the correct license is used. (Which you knew, because you've done research, right?) Anyhow, there are a few good Flex tutorials on this very website if you search around a bit.

If you look for lena151's tutorials, there are a couple that deal with enabling buttons, though in this situation I would say learning about the FlexLM protection is your best bet.

Personmans

Blog Entries
    Yes, I would absolutely trace it back to the "global" enable/disable point in the license related code, rather than manually start enabling separate GUI details which might very well be blocked in the underlying code anyway.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

alphino
    Thanks dELTA and personmans
    Yea actually i've done some research on FLEXLM .and I read some nice essay on this site and one on a chinese site which I translated it to English and it was useful.
    But have 3 more questions;

I if the license file disable that file ,the program should use an API to disable it .which API is generally used to enable/disable a Tab ( EnableWindow or EnableMenuItem or ? ) ?
    and Is it generally possible to run a FlexLm protected software without any license ? I found that the answer is yes am I right ?
    do you recommend me to use the license file again and try to change the Enable/Disable section of code ?
    Last edited by alphino; April 15th, 2008 at 08:35.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

You don't get off that easily. How about YOU put something useful in YOUR favorite search engine and YOU try to find out which:

"API is generally used to enable/disable a Tab (EnableWindow or EnableMenuItem)"!!! Does someone need to hold your hand for this type of "basic" searching?????

Regards,
    JMI

alphino, can't everything generally run without a license? (Exception here being programs where the license is just the code for the missing functions) The real thing you're looking for is not how to defeat it. The question is "what is the easiest way to defeat it?".

Now, I don't claim to be an expert on FlexLM, but if you are asking me to recommend a method of attack:
    do you recommend me to use the license file again and try to change the Enable/Disable section of code ?
    I would have to say:
    First reverse the program to the point where it's checking your [fake] license. Next checkout the version and feature name that it is looking for. Finally, I would get the seeds, use some sort of program to solve the vendor key, and using some proprietary tools I would make this into a license file.

'course you could also check if the vendor key is already known or even try and patch it. I just don't like patching. =]

Edit: Oh yeah and: 3D4DA1D6

Personmans
    Last edited by personmans; April 15th, 2008 at 12:50.

Trying to invidually enable tabs is a road to ruin. They're separate propertypages/propertysheets which are dialogs in their own right and are a bit of a nightmare to work with individually. It's even more awkward if the app is MFC. I strongly agree with the other comments here - work on the global enable/disable.
    Last edited by Silver; April 15th, 2008 at 12:48. Reason: Awful grammar
    Still here...

alphino
    Thanks guys.

I will try to use the license file and find the enable/disable section.

BTW, did you know that you can alwyas guess the JMI 's answer to new topics ?

Its always like this

why don't you put " Your thread topic" in Google ?

well, so whats the reason all this guys are here. ? i know that the search is the first step for every work. but JMI has always think that the one who post a topic here is lazy and has not done any search

don't believe me ?

try search JMI in forum posts

whats your idea JMI ?

Naides is Nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by alphino View Post
    well, so whats the reason all this guys are here. ?

We have been designated by a secret, special education government program to answer every possible question every moron in the Internet may have regarding cracking and stealing software. Also to keep all those youth truants in the straight and narrow path. This is our duty as Federal employees and we take it very seriously.

i know that the search is the first step for every work. but JMI has always think that the one who post a topic here is lazy and has not done any search

The first directive in our on-the-job manual is to teach our wayward flock how to search. "Any search" doesn't cut it. Effective search is the goal. That is actually the most difficult part of our duty.
    Capiche?

Quote Originally Posted by alphino View Post
    [...]
    well, so whats the reason all this guys are here. ? i know that the search is the first step for every work. but JMI has always think that the one who post a topic here is lazy and has not done any search
    [...]
    alphino, though I really like naides answer I will tell you a little secret. The reason we are here (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) is because we all found a place where we can work out problems that are not already solved, come up with new ideas and way to more easily and generally solve problems, and most importantly to teach. Not to teach how to reverse, per-say. To teach how to think like we do which includes knowing how to search for not only answers, but ideas related to our topic in order to solve the problem.

Or we're just here to give you annoying answers. Whatever you want to believe. =]

OK, I love a challenge!

First, I very much like nadies' and personmans' responses. However, alphino, if you thought you were going to get by with ignoring our Forum Rules about "searching BEFORE you post" you are very much mistaken. The issue isn't whether or not you have done "any searching." The issue is whether or not you did any searching about which ""API is generally used to enable/disable a Tab (EnableWindow or EnableMenuItem)"!!!

We have a saying here: "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" If you want sympathy you should ask your mommy. She's the only one likely to tell you that "the bad man shouldn't have told you to do your own thinking and your own work!"

Are you going to become a "grown-up," who attempts to "think" for himself, and who does his own work, and only asks for help through the dark codewoods when he has actually tried on his own, but just can't find the correct path, or are you going to spend the rest of your life following your mommy around the kitchen while she does your homework, so you can continue to watch the cartoons?? You get to choose.

Regards,
    JMI

Blog Entries
    Attached Images Attached Images  

kayaker:

Love the cartoon!

Regards,
    JMI