Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After finding a address with OllyDbg how exactly do I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by RCHN View Post
    What do I think? "patch this patch that blah blah blah"... it isn't hard to see that someone who bases his study of reversing on such material will never truly become enlightened in the Art.
    LLXX/whatever, I do really hope you have NEVER to teach something to anyone.
    Really. You have no IDEA at all of what teaching something is/can be.

I invite you to try doing it. Hell, I laugh alot when I see ppl like you go try teaching. The result is... a total disaster, in my experience.

[alot of offensive stuff removed]
    Last edited by Maximus; January 20th, 2008 at 08:02.
    I want to know God's thoughts ...the rest are details.
    (A. Einstein)
    --------
    ..."a shellcode is a command you do at the linux shell"...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XhacK View Post
    Yeah that series Too
    yet I don't know why "he" didn't release any new tutorials lately, after the last(8th) one, as he promised us with more tutorials ("Don't miss my next Tutorial" ) to come..
    Well, ask a refund from "TiGa's Video of the Month Club".

In the time it would have taken me to make 2 or 3 new videos, I was able to add more than 200 videos from other authors to the site.
    If you still consider yourself short-changed, thank you.
    Don't worry, I plan to make others really soon.

Lena seems to be back amongst the living lately.
    She's not making tutorials yet but is working on a new packer.

TiGa
    Programming today is a race between software engineers to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

XhacK
    Yeah I can see that you are doing a great job with your Video Portal.
    Even though I didn't understand what does "short-changed" really mean here but no problem

and the news about Lena is great, I'm wondering what kind of packer such minds would make?
    (By the way, it's a nice idea for a graduation project (Making of a packer) )
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

...i think it means something like 'cheated' or 'robbed by something more valuable than that you got' etc.

(i feel like it should be short-charged? dunno, really, not my primary tongue :-P )
    (A. Einstein)
    --------

Literally, "short changed" means that you bought something, paid for it with currency greater than the cost, and you were given back less than the difference between the cost and the amount of money you handed over to pay for it. Thereby, the amount of "change" you received was "short" of the "correct" amount.

It is used as an expression for "getting less than you paid for."

Regards,
    JMI

Blog Entries
    When in doubt, Google:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/short-change

The extended version in the context would be:
    "In the remote case that you would have preferred 2 or 3 of my videos to 200 from other authors, thank you "

'Twas a joke!
    Maybe short-change is slang or a localized expression... but it's in the free dictionary and in JMI's vocabulary.

TiGa
    Programming today is a race between software engineers to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.

damn

I mastered the tough art of google search, but yet i forget to use it sometime

...I saved it time ago, but never thought to use it the first time on.. myself
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    (A. Einstein)
    --------

It's definately an "American" slang expression which has it's origin in real life situations of buying something, paying for it, and getting some "change" back in less than the correct amount.

Now it is more generally used in the way of being "cheated" (in almost any way), as Maximus said.

And we know TiGa was just being humorous with his comment.

Wasn't it Kayaker who first posted the "I will google" chalkboard???

Regards.
    JMI

"short changed".........

In American slang it means to feel cheated,
    Like you didnt get your moneys worth.

When getting something for nothing, if you
    complain you are viewed as a whiny pussy.

So to say "short changed" when getting something
    for free, you should keep your mouth shut.

I hope this has cleared up nothing .

Woodmann

Blog Entries
    I would not be as blunt as Woodmann but as the saying goes:
    "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth unless it is to search for hidden trojan soldiers".

I've started making a new video anyway.
    At least, now I know somebody is waiting for it with impatience.

TiGa

And some of us are waiting very patiently and with hope and anticipation of further good works!

Regards,
    JMI

Quote Originally Posted by TiGa View Post
    "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth unless it is to search for hidden trojan soldiers".
    I'm sure that's a mixed metaphor, or at least a mixed adage...

Updated for 2008:
    "Don't look an eDonkey client in the mouth unless it is to search for hidden trojan software"
    Still here...

Naides is Nobody
    Just to keep this thread focused and "on issue": the soldiers in the mouth of the E-donkey were Spartan, not Trojan. . .

Did I mix things a little more??

XhacK
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGa View Post
    When in doubt, Google:
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/short-change

The extended version in the context would be:
    "In the remote case that you would have preferred 2 or 3 of my videos to 200 from other authors, thank you "

'Twas a joke!
    Maybe short-change is slang or a localized expression... but it's in the free dictionary and in JMI's vocabulary.

TiGa
    Hehe, I googled it(and entered the site u referred to up there) but it confused me even more :P
    The extended version explains everything
    And YES, I prefer your series(and obviously Lena's one) over the 200 videos, because most of these videos is what LLXX called "patch this patch that blah blah blah" style, SURE they are good for practical education(if I can call it that!) yet the series style is very informative or it's not about unpacking/unprotect specific packer/protector it's more about how to use the REAL potential of the program(in your case IDA) or to understand the logic behind the packing/protector world(or ART?)

Thanks for all tutorials' author for providing them for FREE!!.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Potential "mixed-metaphors" aside, lets not forget that the larger part of the army which was involved in this battle at Troy was Mycenae, led by Agamemnon, whose sister-in-law, wife of his brother Menelaus, came to be called "Helen of Troy," after she was kidnapped by Paris, a Prince of Troy.

Menelaus was the King of Starta. Odysseus (Ulysses) was the king of Ithaca.

So it is probably more correct to say:

"the soldiers in the mouth of the E-donkey were Spartan, Mycenaen, and Ithacan."

Regards,
    JMI