Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Collaborative RCE Tool Library - official discussion thread

Blog Entries

Collaborative RCE Tool Library - official discussion thread

This is the official discussion thread for the Collaborative RCE Tool Library (http://www.woodmann.com/collaborative/tools).

Here you can submit any feedback about it, report any bugs you may have found in it (please don't report individual moderation issues here though, they should be reported by using the built in moderator reporting feature that can be found at the bottom of each tool page), discuss anything concerning it with other members or admins, or simply thank dELTA for the months of hard work he put into designing and implementing the damn thing.

Enjoy!
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

We'll all now gather around the yule log and sing the songs of praises to dELTA for spending all that time on a project which was dear to his heart and which he would have done anyway, even if we never thanked him.

All Hail the Collaborative RCE Tool Library Maker, and please tip your glasses with Vodka, because it is what dELTA usually drinks. (Don't say that word too loud around Zairon, however, because he's sworn off the stuff after a visit with dELTA, and is now sticking to red wine.)

Thanks dELTA for all your efforts!

Regards,
    JMI

Holy oh holy crap.........

It has come to be.

remember the last 8 years of not asking for tools????......
    Well, that has changed. Dont ask ME why, all I know is now you can find all the tools you need right here.

Whats next?? We get to name targets? .

dELTA be praised.

Luv, Woodmann

Thank you for your hard work, much appreciated! Happy holidays indeed
    I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry as I need it.
    -John Cage

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all like it!

I'm also very happy to say that tool submissions and updates started rolling in within half an hour after the release, and have continued to do since then! It's working exactly as I've been hoping, with different people submitting and updating exactly those tools and tool details that they are familiar and up-to-date with! This in turn makes sure that everyone can always come here and expect the most up-to-date details on all tools, in a way that would be completely impossible if the site was maintained and updated by only a single person of team, however active and dedicated they would be!

So, keep up the good work with the tool submissions and updates, and remember where to go whenever you're in need of a new tool for any RCE purpose whatsoever!
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

Excellent stuff dELTA, much appreciated.
    Still here...

dELTA's young, shy, and easily overwhelmed with praise. Go gently with him!

Regards,
    JMI

Hi,
    this is an interesting thing..hope will not be like previous RCE related wikis, more or less all death.. 10x for your efforts!

Single teams era is in my opinion going to slowly disappear, on the one hand the recent protections starts to be very complex and already now at the edge of what single isolated reverser can do and on the other hand tools are appearing not only from us, but also from official companies (like what it is already happening for hacking scene). Collaboration and knowledge sharing is the only way to go in my opinion, like the white-hats are already doing...

.. and you know how much we believe in this..
    Last edited by Shub-nigurrath; December 25th, 2007 at 18:18.
    (`._.[*~-.,.-~* ŜħůβŇĝŕřāŧħ ₪*~-.,.-~*]._.)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
    http://www.accessroot.com

One of the advantages of the system dELTA set up is that members can update and comment on the tools to keep their fellow reversers informed and up to date on developments, as well as the tools themselves.

Regards,
    JMI

Too good to be true!!! I'm sure every reverser around the world will appreciate this... Thanks for spending your free time on this wonderful project!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks again for all the praise everyone, it's very appreciated! And again, high quality tool submissions and updates (and good new category suggestions with them) are continuing to pour in, this is so great!

And Shub, I only use wiki software as a back-end, the rest of the design is made explicitly to counter all the disadvantages and negative effects of a "common wiki", which is what practically always make normal wikis turn into an uncontrollable mess and die a painful death, so I really think this will be completely different!

Keep the updates coming people!

Lightbulb

Oh wow, this is pretty special.
    I knew there'd be a lot to look through but I was quite unprepared for such an extensive collection of entirely relevant material. And all beautifully categorised, as well . The fact that there are apparently so many promising-sounding tools out there that I've never even heard of is testament to how important this library really is.

Thanks so much for taking this upon yourself, dELTA - I've already found it invaluable, even though the project is still in its infancy. Once I've had a chance to thoroughly scour the database I'll be sure to contribute anything I feel is missing.

Merry Christmas indeed
    Admiral

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to hear that yet another highly respectable reverser shares my enthusiasm and opinion of the potential of this library, thanks Admiral!

Updates and additions are continuing to pour in, which is very promising for the future of this project! Remember that the quality of it depends on contributions from all users, so please make sure to plug any holes you find when browsing the different categories, whether it's a missing tool or outdated info for an existing tool (or even just a rating vote for any tool in there that you have experience with)! Looking forward to your (and everyone else's) contributions) Admiral!

Please also help spread the word about the library to anyone you think might be interested in it.

tDJ
    Is it possible to add a section for the changelog?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    More exactly what do you mean tDJ?

[EDIT]
    Ok, I saw your other thread and answered it there.