Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PAIMEI INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Narvaja View Post
    if you need more steps perfect.
    http://pedram.redhive.com/PaiMei/docs/PAIMEIpstalker_flash_demo/index.htmlricnar
    thanks for URL Ricardo. I have already followed the instructions exactly as in the demo. I will check my installation.

Enjoyed the demo Ricardo!

Regards,
    JMI

Quote Originally Posted by WaxfordSqueers View Post
    ....snip...I was not aware of the larger MySQL 5 server and installed MySQL-python.exe-1.2.1. I realized later that Ricardo was using the larger MySQl 5 server. There may be a conflict between the two MySQL servers.
    Had myself confused on this one. The file MySQL-python.exe-1.2.1, is a required installation file. It is the Python interface to the MySQL server. For some reason, I thought it was a version of MySQL modified for Python, but PaiMei wont run without it. I uninstalled it, then re-installed it, but Paimei is still not running correctly. Back to the drawing board.

mmh...
    0) download and install mysl5, python2.4, SF interface mysql->python, wxwidget2.8 for python 2.4, ctypes for 2.4, any of the graph server you prefer i.e. GDE. Make sure they are installed in '\program files\', or you need to edit scripts.
    1) 'clean' your mysql.
    2) in windows, edit my.ini, change sql_mode to -->sql-mode="MYSQL40"<-- and reboot, if linux np.
    3) open your dos console in installation directory, and run __install_requirements.py, then __setup_mysql.py

if you messed with mysql, edit/alter within last script to make it work.
    Last edited by Maximus; January 12th, 2008 at 08:20.
    I want to know God's thoughts ...the rest are details.
    (A. Einstein)
    --------
    ..."a shellcode is a command you do at the linux shell"...

Maybe someone could make "Scottish" instructions for our venerable friend WaxfordSqueers! Sometimes we "older folks" need instructions with lots of pictures. Especially, if one have been "sipping" of the Scottish national nectar!

WaxfordSqueers:

There are also "packaged" programs which will install and set up MySQL, Apache, and PHP on your machine, such as XXAMP and WAMP5, which can take some of the guesswork out of setting up and connection to those components on a Window$ machine. Might be worth checking out. It's how many of us run vBulletin on our Local Machine for testing purposes. Snap to install and mostly auto-configures. Might need some tweeking for PaiMei. Haven't had time to try the install myself yet.

Maximus:

Thanks for your step-by-step for those who might be having trouble "figuring it out."

Regards.
    JMI

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    2) in windows, edit my.ini, change sql_mode to -->sql-mode="MYSQL40"<--
    That confirms my suspicion. When I ran __setup_mysql.py I got an error message something like

#1101 - BLOB/TEXT column 'eax_deref' can't have a default value

I figured it was because the CREATE_TABLE command in the script might have been developed for an earlier version of mysql. Since I wasn't about to downgrade my mysql 5 WAMP setup, I instead changed the problem lines in __setup_mysql.py to work properly:

Just change all the lines under 'CREATE TABLE cc_hits' which use a 'text' type from

eax_deref text NOT NULL default ' ',
    to
    eax_deref text NOT NULL,

and you can maintain mysql 5 compatibility without modifying the my.ini file.

What other reasons for the sql-mode="MYSQL40" edit?

See why we count on Kayaker to "get down" into the code to find solutions for "the rest of us."

Regards,
    JMI

well, i'm not sure how/what MySQL can return if you strip the default values out. They should return an empty string, but I would rather avoid to check it by myself... too many times when dealing with variants i expected '0' and got 'null' to let things without an explicit default value (it should be checked if pedram makes implicit use of the default value).
    that line simply forces a more 'tolerant' syntax in mysql (which is the default one enforced in linux mysql5 btw).
    Last edited by Maximus; January 12th, 2008 at 14:50.
    I want to know God's thoughts ...the rest are details.
    (A. Einstein)
    --------
    ..."a shellcode is a command you do at the linux shell"...

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    mmh...
    0) download and install mysl5, python2.4, SF interface mysql->python, wxwidget2.8 for python 2.4, ctypes for 2.4, any of the graph server you prefer i.e. GDE. Make sure they are installed in '\program files\', or you need to edit scripts.
    thanks for tips Maximus. I cleaned up __install_reqirements.py. As you said, everything points to c:\program files. I'm in the middle of re-installing the whole enchilada, so I'll look at other scripts too.

A fetish seems to have developed in Windows for putting everything in one drive under one directory in x:\program files\. That never made sense to me. I find it a lot easier to use several partitions of about 20 to 40 meg in size and I like to leave the base partition for the OS. I even have a small partition for the swap file, as in Linux.

Many authors assume windows will be on the c:\ drive. Not so. My XP install is on the D:\drive, and on a FAT32 partition. I have win98 on c:\. That way, I can use win98 to peek at XP and change certain things I can't change while XP is running. Of course, I maintain a large NTFS partition for files over 2 gig.

It's good to see the UNIX/Linux crowd and the Windows crowd communicating and working on projects that overlap both OS's. Or maybe it's just the Linux crowd feeling sorry for us Linux-challenged types. In this particular project, I'd like to see better use made of the %...% features, which are variables filled in by the system as to the actual paths used, rather than those assumed to be used. Even if I wanted to use c:\program files\, I couldn't, unless I could get a pipe to win98.

1) 'clean' your mysql.
    2) in windows, edit my.ini, change sql_mode to -->sql-mode="MYSQL40"<-- and reboot, if linux np.
    thanks for the tip on my.ini. I found it in the MySQl directory (on partition F:\ ) but there's no reference to sql-mode'. I'll check out your suggestion. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by JMI View Post
    Maybe someone could make "Scottish" instructions for our venerable friend WaxfordSqueers! Sometimes we "older folks" need instructions with lots of pictures. Especially, if one have been "sipping" of the Scottish national nectar!
    Och!! Awa ben the scullery. Maybe I should change my name to Waxford MacSqueers. I'm not a good representative of Scotland, in that I don't like haggis and I don't like Scotch. I put raisins and milk in my porridge, which would raise eyebrows (the big bushy eyebrows) of the highlanders, who dump their porridge in a drawer and hack pieces out as required.

There are also "packaged" programs which will install and set up MySQL, Apache, and PHP on your machine, such as XXAMP and WAMP5
    I noted that Kayaker had done that, but for mere mortals like myself, it's enough to get MySQL5 setup and running on it's own.

Thanks for your step-by-step for those who might be having trouble "figuring it out."
    I think it is easier to translate Spanish to English than it is to translate Unix to English. Kudos to Ricardo for translating Unix to Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    What other reasons for the sql-mode="MYSQL40" edit?
    Just came across this URL:
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/server-sql-mode.html

it makes sense to me but would make more sense to you.

near bottom of page, it says:

MYSQL40

Equivalent to NO_FIELD_OPTIONS, HIGH_NOT_PRECEDENCE.
    Last edited by WaxfordSqueers; January 12th, 2008 at 18:47.

kayaket this error appear if you have checked STRICT MODE mark in instalation of mysql, if you uncheck this error doesn't appear.

http://paimei.openrce.org:8000/ticket/5

i remark for quit this mark, make a graphic and put a arrow to the mark, hehe, but nobody see my warnings, hehehe (joke)

ricnar

look in the page of the ticket description of the error

D:\paimei>__setup_mysql.py localhost paimei blahblahblah
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:\paimei\__setup_mysql.py", line 27, in ?
    cursor.execute("""CREATE TABLE cc_hits (
    File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\cursors.py", line 163, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
    File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 35, in defau
    lterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
    _mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1101, "BLOB/TEXT column 'eax_deref' can't have a default value")

jeje similar

ricnar

For those who may be interested, you can view, and even download, Pedram Amini's presentation at RECON 2006 of PaiMei here:

http://www.archive.org/details/Pedram_Amini_PaiMei_and_the_Five_Finger_Exploding_Palm_RE_Techniques

The presentation includes the slides he used during his presentation.

Regards,
    JMI

Blog Entries
    That clears things up. WAMP uses 'use strict;' by default in most of its mysql scripts. Doesn't seem to affect Paimei operation though beyond the table creation problem.