Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PAIMEI INFO

Perhaps it was easier for me because I work with MySQL and the Database for vBulletin fairly frequently, and have spent some time attempting to learn the necessary and appropriate commands. (And occasionally screwing them up!!!)

And I am that old! I graduated from High School in 1964 and I was one of the oldest people in my class because I had to wait an extra year to start school because the cut off for starting the previous year was the day before my birthday.

Regards,
    JMI

Quote Originally Posted by JMI View Post
    And I am that old! I graduated from High School in 1964 and I was one of the oldest people in my class because I had to wait an extra year to start school because the cut off for starting the previous year was the day before my birthday.Regards,
    Small world. I graduated in 1963 but had the opposite age problem. I skipped grade 3, so I had just turned 17 when I graduated. It wasn't that I was a brain so much as the grade 3 teachers not wanting to have me in their classes. Actually, I started school early...just after turning 5.

It's tough when you are a year behind other students hormonally. One goddess, who sat in front of me in grade 12 Math class, was about two years older, and more like a mother than a schoolmate. At least, that's how she talked to me.

http://storage2.ricardonarvaja.com.ar/web/CURSO%20NUEVO/TEORIAS%20NUMERADAS/901-1000/977-PAIMEI-PARTE%207-CONTINUAMOS%20GRAFICANDO%20DESDE%20UN%20SCRIPT%20O%20SHELL%20DE%20PYTHON%20CON%20PAIMEI.rar

PARTE 7 graphing complete programs and functions from shell or script.
    Thanks for your interest in my modest tutorials, very happy i have readers
    ricnar

Ah i forgot the response of this, the argentinian not talk in pure spanish, we have many many words, only used here.
    I try not use this words but is difficult to me, the day to day use is so frequent, but i try always use only pure spanish words, sorry if fail in some case.

ricnar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Narvaja View Post
    http://storage2.ricardonarvaja.com.ar/web/CURSO%20NUEVO/TEORIAS%20NUMERADAS/901-1000/977-PAIMEI-PARTE%207-CONTINUAMOS%20GRAFICANDO%20DESDE%20UN%20SCRIPT%20O%20SHELL%20DE%20PYTHON%20CON%20PAIMEI.rar
    thanks ricardo. On my system, your URL shows up with '%20' in place of a space (0x20). Just want to point that out to anyone having trouble downloading the file. The solution is to manually edit the URL, replacing each %20 with a space, or put the entire line in an editor and use the 'replace' function.

Blog Entries
    "You must be using some shitty browser dude" - I think that would be the appropriate response if anyone is having download problems

Just copy/paste that into Opera or Firefox (ARE there any other real browsers?) and it should work fine with the %20 or any other % symbol where it replaces a url string character.

or browse

http://storage2.ricardonarvaja.com.ar/web/

browsing

/CURSO NUEVO
    /TEORIAS NUMERADAS
    /901-1000
    and downloading the 977, but i use opera or firefox hehe, how Kayaker say and have no problem.

ricnar

Ah i forgot the response of this, the argentinian not talk in pure spanish, we have many many words, only used here.
    I try not use this words but is difficult to me, the day to day use is so frequent, but i try always use only pure spanish words, sorry if fail in some case.ricnar
    A response from a source in Miami (Cuban extract) explained that 'dropeando' is Spanglish for the English word 'dropping'. It's one of those curious combinations that evolve when people speak two languages. The same person gave the following example:

Instead of saying "I'm dropping my daughter off at school," they say "estoy 'dropeando' mi hija en la escuela."

I have the same problem Ricardo. I speak Scottish. The rest of the English speaking world has ruined the language to the point no one can understand it.

Here's the official Micro$oft usage:

DROP DATABASE (Transact-SQL)

Removes one or more databases or database snapshots from an instance of SQL Server.

In the same article, they say:

Dropping a database deletes the database from an instance of SQL Server and deletes the physical disk files used by the database.

I can't find any reference to 'drop' in a Spanish dictionary, so the person from Miami must be right. The English verb 'drop' has been combined with the Spanish ending 'eando'.

No need for you to apologize. I have learned a bit of Spanish, and some SQL too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    "You must be using some shitty browser dude" - I think that would be the appropriate response if anyone is having download problems

Just copy/paste that into Opera or Firefox (ARE there any other real browsers?) and it should work fine with the %20 or any other % symbol where it replaces a url string character.
    I have tried on two of the latest versions of Firefox and Opera. Neither will accept the %20. In fact, Opera has a feature where you can highlight the URL, right click and select 'go to URL'. It wont work with the %20 in there.

Admittedly, I have other software that 'might' interfere, like Proxomitron, although it's used only as a proxy on Opera. Firefox is connected directly to the net. I still use proxomitron because it has a handy kill feature for sites that annoy me.

The point is 'dude', it's not working on mine, and it 'might' not be working on someone else's machine. Rather than having someone give up and miss out on Ricardo's tutorials, I pointed out a solution.

Remember, 'Teach, not flame'. (I know, I know...you were only kidding).

or browse http://storage2.ricardonarvaja.com.ar/web/

browsing

/CURSO NUEVO
    /TEORIAS NUMERADAS
    /901-1000
    and downloading the 977, but i use opera or firefox hehe, how Kayaker say and have no problem.

ricnar
    that's how I got your tutorials first time Ricardo, and it's probably the best way. You have a nice site with lots of good articles. The only thing missing is a nice photo of Gabriella Sabatini.

hehe, yes we use verboise forms of english words

SWITCH -SWITCHEANDO (switch-switching) is the most known spanglish word, i have no problem with go to url and copy paste the link, i use opera in ubuntu, maybe a configuration was changed, look in TOOLS-PREFERENCES-NETWORK
    i have marked ENCODE THE INTERNATIONAL WEB ADDRESSES and the two marks ENABLE REFERRER LOGGING and ENABLE AUTOMATIC REDIRECTION the three options are marked try this, maybe have unchecked one of this marks.

ricnar

Kayaker "kidding"??? Oh the shame of it! I thought that was my job!!

I know lots of people hate IE, but I don't have a bit of problem downloading Ricardo's materials using:

in IE 7+. Puts up the rar file for downloading almost instantly.

It might be something in your settings. I know it can't be because your Scottish (notice I didn't say "scotch," which is a drink ) because I am also. There's actually a small town in Scotland after which my mother's family was named.

Regards,
    JMI

I know lots of people hate IE, but I don't have a bit of problem downloading Ricardo's materials using:....snip
    dammit, JMI, I wish you hadn't suggested that. I went and tried it, and it works. Then I tried Firefox and Opera, and they now work too. I just booted the computer, maybe it has something to do with that, but I've been plagued with that problem for a long time, not only on this site.

What do I do now to wipe the egg off? Do I edit my remarks or leave them?

I know it can't be because your Scottish (notice I didn't say "scotch," which is a drink ) because I am also. There's actually a small town in Scotland after which my mother's family was named.
    Regards,
    Oh...I wouldn't go that far. If you have ever followed the Scottish international soccer team, and taken in their kamikaze style of beating the best and losing to the worst, you will understand how incompetent we can be as a race. Ricardo doesn't have that problem with the Argentinian soccer teams.

On the other hand, there was James Clerk Maxwell, the Scottish mathematician/theoretical physicist, whose work received compliments from Einstein. When Maxwell was a young guy at school, his school mates called him 'daftie'. As you know, daft is a Scottish term for stupid, crazy or mad, whatever applies. I think any young kid being derided by his peers should read about Maxwell so he/she can see how stupid peer pressure can be.

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
    Great Chieftan o' the Puddin-race!

i have marked ENCODE THE INTERNATIONAL WEB ADDRESSES and the two marks ENABLE REFERRER LOGGING and ENABLE AUTOMATIC REDIRECTION the three options are marked try this, maybe have unchecked one of this marks.ricnar
    I have them all checked. I think the problem is in the proxy I use (Proxomitron). It may be a bit old. When I started using it, I was having trouble with clicking on a site and having many pop-up windows created. Prox killed those and was configurable for changing many aspects of html. Opera has its own pop-up blocker but I find it doesn't work as well as Prox. There is a feature to bypass Prox if I want to, but maybe it is interfering somehow, even when it's switched off.

I don't run Firefox through Prox, however, and it is affected in the same way. I should say, it was affected. All my browsers seem to work after a fresh boot.

ah well, perfect.

ricnar