Thread: OllyDbg throws error code E0002

binarycoder2k

Post OllyDbg throws error code E0002

When I load a EXE in OllyDbg 1.1 and press F9 to Run it, it shows-
    E0002 -- Error loading program.
    What is the meaning of this error code ?
    I am having Windows 2000 SP4.
    Do I need to post more details about OllyDbg Register values, etc for you to help me out ?
    Last edited by binarycoder2k; May 1st, 2007 at 00:47. Reason: more details
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

You could probably start by using google to search first and then updating your question with exactly what you have tried?

binarycoder2k
    I searched Google for "OllyDbg E0002". It brought up only 3 results, none of them containing a solution
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    dont know if this is a solution or not but it looks pretty close to a solution
    http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=778

and it seems you have been at this for over a month

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Assembly/Q_22502234.html

one more E0002

http://ask.metafilter.com/60158/Patch-an-EXE

Last edited by blabberer; May 1st, 2007 at 11:36.

Blog Entries
    E0002 -- Error loading program

Is this a Windows error code? ... doubt it.
    Is this an Olly error code? (disassemble / check strings)...

Do you get this with every exe or just one?

If it's one particular program that you get the error msg from then it's likely being generated by it, and this very non-informative message means nothing to the rest of us.

How do YOU assess where the error message comes from? Not *why* it occurs, but from *where* it occurs.

If *where* is from your specific target, then you should know what you need to do next..

Kayaker

Quote Originally Posted by binarycoder2k View Post
    I searched Google for "OllyDbg E0002". It brought up only 3 results, none of them containing a solution
    Correct, but they do ask some questions which seem to be relevent.

After all, what have *you* done to determine where this error comes from, apart from asking on several different boards?

Blog Entries
    My guess would be that it's a custom (and purposely vague) message from the target application itself, triggered by debugger detection inside it.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

It seems that since we are not doing his work for him, he's got bored and moved on (hopefully )

fanndy
    May be anti_debug。。。

erm yeh, thats what delta said fanndy

rallesh
    Quote Originally Posted by fanndy View Post
    May be anti_debug。。。

Hmmmm,
    Well I got this problem in two applications. E=0002, I got searched lot. Nothing found posted in various forums got nothing satisfactory. At last got idea of getting some plugins. and after lot of search hit and trials got Phantom Plugins. And the error code was gone. The conclusion is that some applications has code integrity check and anti debug codes which can be overcome by this pluging. I got lot of INT breakpoint overflows while using this Plugin.

Blog Entries
    Good to know I was right. Thanks for sharing your results anyway, and for the tip about that hiding plugin, seems pretty cool.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."