Thread: IDA Pro 5.2 coming up...

Blog Entries

IDA Pro 5.2 coming up...

IDA Pro 5.2 change log preview:

http://www.datarescue.com/idabase/52preview
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

Hmmm....

Speaking of which, I don't know if this is just me, but on my Vista, IDA v5.1 (da warezed one) does not TRACE properly. In fact, it positvely fucks itself up. Is this indicative of the legal version also?

Have Phun
    Blame Microsoft, get l337 !!

Blog Entries
    The previous version 5.0.0.879 works fine when tracing.

After receiving a few pm about this problem, I added a warning in my video #3 about this bug when tracing.

Checking or unchecking the "Trace over library functions" option doesn't make a difference.
    It is stuck in the "off" position.

It is not a vista-related problem (this time).

TiGa
    Programming today is a race between software engineers to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

albertyth

IDA can't display the register value when debuging

IDA can't display the register value when debuging, if you set the windows system display font to 120% (big font) mode.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    From a developers perspective and own experience, the "Large Fonts" feature of Windows is the pure work of the devil I tell you... It really wreaks havoc on your applications, and in many cases it is very hard to fix. At the time Microsoft introduced this feature, not even their own products (Office suite!) were fully compatible with it, and practically all big software packs (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) has had compatibility problems with it in the past too.

Sorry for the rant, but that feature has given me more than my fair share of problems as a developer too, so I just hate it.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."