Thread: softice and win 98

fizzik

softice and win 98

howdy i was wondering if someone could give me a little help. ive installed softice on my windows 98 comp it loads up fine but when i shut the comp down softice poops up, so i press ctrl+d to get out of it then the comp hangs. i would be greatful of any help.

cheers
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

CoDe_InSiDe
    Hi fizzik,

Here's a link read it carefully

http://c4nfaq.cjb.net

Cya...

CoDe_InSiDe
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

epsilon
    Hello,

I just installed SoftIce myself and was having the same problem. I think the bpx commands are still loaded in memory and must be cleared out.

Ctrl+D and type hboot to restart the entire system. Of course Win98 does'nt like that and you will get Scandisk. I also typed bc * or bd * to clear the break points.

fizzik
    I'm still having problems with softice, it doesnt pop up when i shutdown windows anymore but it still bluescreens. the bluescreen message is " A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C000051EF in VXD VMM(01)+ 000041EF. The current application will be terminated". It is really pissing me off and i would really appreciate any help.

thanks