Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SourPill VM Detector

Blog Entries
    Since this is re-opened, just a thought for Ryan:

If this would have been a 30 posts minimum section, would you have made those 30 posts just to be able to say "My site isn't dead"?

Replace "My site isn't dead" by "Maddy didn't write this" and you will get some insights into my point-of-view about this rule of yours.

I don't seem to have been banned but as the "accidental initiator" of this whole debate, I'm pretty sure I would be one of the first to be "preemptively purged".

@Woodmann
    Do you have that bot problem too?
    Do you need a large bandwith to accomodate unregistered readers?
    Do you need a lot of space for all the attachments?
    I don't want to start a "my server is better than yours" spin-off debate, I'm just curious.

TiGa
    Programming today is a race between software engineers to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

ryan1918
    [QUOTE=TiGa;68138]Since this is re-opened, just a thought for Ryan:

If this would have been a 30 posts minimum section, would you have made those 30 posts just to be able to say "My site isn't dead"?

[quote]

well being this is the only topic I posted in, yes?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

@Woodmann
    Do you have that bot problem too?
    Do you need a large bandwith to accomodate unregistered readers?
    Do you need a lot of space for all the attachments?
    I don't want to start a "my server is better than yours" spin-off debate, I'm just curious.
    Certain search bots are banned.

I dont have a bandwidth problem. People who come here come for a reason.
    You wont find woodmann.com splattered all over search engine results.

This server has plenty of space. I bought a BIG hard drive . Plus I limit the attachment size and type so I dont have a bunch of shit like pictures wasting space.

I dont know the details of ryan1918's server. Mine does not have external throttle controls. I determine how many connections to allow based on the activity from the last seven years. His server may be different.

Woodmann

ryan1918
    Well, I have ran my site 3 years ago, and it's been up almost 2 years again now, But being the first type of site ever and one of the original bot creators of GT(Global Threat) in 1998 I've a bit more known, but with that and having Honey Pot section where people's botnet's are found daily, some people think they can drop my site and no one will see it, but it will get blocked and then will have to get the net removed so yeah that's why I limit connections..
    Last edited by ryan1918; August 28th, 2007 at 21:45.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.