Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SourPill VM Detector

ryan1918
    I just added certain rules and enforced them, I believe that people should start becoming active and a part of the community before they get to leech from it, This doesn't give them a reason to spam or flood the board with useless crap either, If you really think about it that isn't many posts at all, in can take a few days and you could get access to everything very simple. If people don't then they really shouldn't be part of the community.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Well the users leech other people work and post them as theirs just to overcome 30posts rule or be over the average. I don't say all do this, but it is a trend that never dies.

JMI, who is HTML?
    A picture worth 1K words (or .5K DWORDS).

I have no idea, nor do I care. I can only clearly discern the lack of maturity and basic intelligence in the poster's attitude and vocabulary.

Regards,
    JMI

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    I just added certain rules and enforced them, I believe that people should start becoming active and a part of the community before they get to leech from it, This doesn't give them a reason to spam or flood the board with useless crap either, If you really think about it that isn't many posts at all, in can take a few days and you could get access to everything very simple. If people don't then they really shouldn't be part of the community.
    Is that "leeching" really a problem?

ryan1918
    Quote Originally Posted by LLXX View Post
    Is that "leeching" really a problem?
    Sure it is, when you have over 40,000 people you want to stop the leeching!
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Blog Entries
    I don't want to add oil on the fire. You do whatever you want on your board with thousands and thousands of fully-contributing members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1918
    New announcement from Ryan's board:
    Okay I have decided registrations will be closed in 8 days!
    Okay, So we are going to do some cleaning up around here, take out the bad seeds, anyone that doesn't want to help or do there fair share, I am going to be closing all registrations, BUT I am going to allow inviting still, I haven't decided how or who I will let invite members but hopefull you get in before it's too late! Also I will be puring all accounts with ZERO POSTS or anyone that doesn't have a VALID email address! Thanks a ton, enjoy!
    Example of posts from a random user (really the first one I tried):
    post #1 - ehehe
    post #2 - repost ?
    post #3 - lol ?
    post #4 - lol ?
    post #5 - nice

Average post length seems to be one word, a long message is a one-liner.

If I post 30 lol messages, am I instantly more mature and a productive member of the community?
    If I make a 50$ donation, am I an even better member of the community?

You should add a warning: "You need to post X messages first before obtaining the right to learn. This is not a school or a place to learn freely, it's a community."
    I hope you saw the irony in that statement.

I don't even have 30 posts here and yet, I learned a lot here.
    I don't need to write 200 lol posts before being able to learn.

This is my personal opinion. If it works well for you, I'm happy for you, keep it that way. May it live long and prosper.
    TiGa
    Programming today is a race between software engineers to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
    So far, the Universe is winning.

ryan1918
    yeah and I banned a few people too..

And so have I. But we have far less need to ban people just for being ignorant and afflicted with "potty mouths." Such folks know that they will generally receive some "guidance" from one of our admins, and usually from me.

And I am compelled to point out that "so far" YOU haven't posted "anything" "useful" or made a single "contribution" to "our" community, except "justifications" for "your" policies on "your" Forum.

The "irony" is, that despite YOUR failure to "contribute" HERE, YOU are still freely allowed to actually READ the information contained on these Forums and were even permitted to become, and remain a member.

That's because, unlike "your" Forum, we follow the tradition of +Fravia, that information should be freely accessible on the net. People are free to come here and read information imparted by our members. And if they want to follow our Rules, they are free to post, even if, like YOU, their posts really add nothing "useful" to our community.

Regards,
    JMI

Howdy,

I am at a loss to understand most of this thread.
    I understand TiGa and his/her concerns.

What I dont understand is why "we" are overly concerned with ryan1918.com ?

'Tis but another forum among the thousands out there.
    So some "script kiddie" posted shit he stole.
    I understand how TiGa would be pissed off BUT, in the grand scheme of things, I dont really understand what ryan1918.com is about.

From what I have read, which of course is limited, I see nothing more than threads with subjects that are ripped from other sites.

I see nothing that could be original, but of course I have not met the minimum posting guidelines so, I have no access to anything that might be original.
    After you have spent some time there, you too will see it offers nothing that is not already mainstream knowledge.

TA TA, OBC

A considerable portion of the bandwidth of your site comes from the numerous images that are downloaded (not many follow the "Use Opera and turn images off, duh" advice of +Fravia) on almost every page. Also, a forum description is not an announcement.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that
    I started this site to better help people learn and discuss telling them to go to google or such is NOT what I want, either help them or don't it's as simple as that.
    is the sort of thing that tends to attract the brainless, immature idiots.

~~ I motion this thread be split and the appropriate portions sent to the off-topic subforum. ~~

Howdy,

I will do you one better LLXX. This waste of space is done.

TA TA, OBC

Howdy,

I have resurected this thread because after 3 days of trying I cannot access ryan1918.com.

Have we been banned ? Does anyone else have access ? Does ryan not like us ? Who pissed him off ? Has his bandwidth usage increased since visiting here ? I need answers god damn it

I am very curious as to what has/is happening.

Luv, peace and hair grease, Woodmann

Blog Entries
    Maybe you were banned, I can view it. Trade ya..

ryan1918
    Yep server hasn't been down since I got it but I did do a reboot for a ram upgrade..

ryan1918
    If you still can't connect you might be using firefox with faster fox so it uses several connections, I have designed a script to ban them via iptables if they exceed xx connections, to prevent flooding httpd and such with bots..