Thread: Bleem! on XP

Bleem! on XP

This is a project i made to run 'Bleem!' (a PSX Emulator who could worked only on Win9x, and used heavy anti-debug features) on Windows 2000 & XP SP2.

It should be eventually used as tutorial from 'skilled enough' people about how to emulate Win9x-specific stuff (VxD calls, ring-0 access, MSCDEX interface, DirectX API hooking) from a non-Win9x OS.

For a brief description about how it work, check the 'info_src.txt' file.
    The full source codes are included.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Very nice work, thanks for your contribution.
    "Give a man a quote from the FAQ, and he'll ignore it. Print the FAQ, shove it up his ass, kick him in the balls, DDoS his ass and kick/ban him, and the point usually gets through eventually."

hm

I was just thinking about this app a few days ago, remembered when Xoanin did it the first day it came out. Very nice thing you did here.

Sab

Great work. Im testing it now with KEY-CD, but i cant get it work correctly.

I set 3GB mode.

When i run bleem (i test demo 1.4, full 1.5a, 1.5b, 1.6aBETA and 1.6bBETA).

On demo - nothings happen.
    On full - it ask for keycd - when i put keycd in my drive bleem validates it and show license disclaimer.
    When i agree (mean press OK) it suddenly exits without any message.

Any suggestions?

Now i compile debug version of bleem_nt.dll - it creates log and dump file. If they are useful i can send to you sapu.
    Last edited by ilhan; October 10th, 2007 at 08:03.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

This is fascinating. You went through a true tour-de-force of reverse engineering and coding effort to get this program to run on XP, something I never would have even thought to attempt, and you actually pulled it off too! You couldn't have picked a more sentimental target from an oldschool ex-scenester's perspective either ... I remember the scene going crazy over +xOANON/uCF cracking this thing in six hours.

Awesome work. REspect.