Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Olly support Delphi applications?

JackTripper
    Quote Originally Posted by blabberer
    To sum up:

No amount of debug information compiled into, or shipped along with, a Delphi application will allow OllyDbg to show source - even simulated or approximate; you have to have source.

OllyDbg cannot be given a location of source files - it must be in the same folder the executable.

Olly will not follow the source view with what you're currently debugging.

Some amounts of debug information will make routine (functions, procedures, method) names visible when OllyDebugging.

No amount of debug information or source code will display the current method's parameters, or local or global variables.

i was hoping for too much.
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    No amount of debug information compiled into, or shipped along with, a Delphi application will allow OllyDbg to show source - even simulated or approximate; you have to have source.
    omg no debugger in this world can do that baby if it were the case no one would be stealing stuff and code and protection authours would be extinct

you were not hoping you were simply day dreaming

OllyDbg cannot be given a location of source files - it must be in the same folder the executable
    thats not ollydbgs problem it is your build problem
    you move sources to appropriate places before building and the debug info path that is embedded will be where ollydbg looks for it not in your imaginary paths

ollydbg is a assembly level debugger not source level debugger
    if you have the source you can set source level breakpoints in line numbers
    and follow from there

ollydbg always will work in assembly level

Some amounts of debug information will make routine (functions, procedures, method) names visible when OllyDebugging.

No amount of debug information or source code will display the current method's parameters, or local or global variables.
    neither will any other debugger for that matter
    a debugger works in very very low level from source
    you have to infer things a debugger is not a magic wand

i was hoping for too much.
    this is not hope this is day dreaming (i dont wish to add some more sentences here but you can infer what im thinking i will add )

Spacetime
    The problem of source file paths could easily be resolved if there would be a possibility to enter source file paths in Options (like in some debuggers). Of course, if possible, stored for each module separately (in udd file).

Is there a plugin for this feature or, in general, is it possible to write such a plugin (to specify and store source files paths for module)?
    I promise that I have read the FAQ and tried to use the Search to answer my question.