PDA

View Full Version : RECON2006

disavowed
June 6th, 2006, 10:02
Who here is attending RECON2006? (http://www.recon.cx/ ("http://www.recon.cx/"))

bart
June 6th, 2006, 10:07
some rich suckers i guess

wtbw
June 6th, 2006, 14:55
I'll be there again

Will

CrackZ
June 6th, 2006, 17:02
I may try my hand at submitting a presentation for 2007 (time and material permitting), that and stalking Shania of course.

Have to say I'd be interested to hear the opinions of people who've been to previous RECON(s), I had a look at most of the video presentations of last year in the archive - didn't really see much that set my pulse racing.

I see a few names at this year that I definitely recognise though ;-).

Regards

CrackZ.

naides
June 6th, 2006, 19:20
Quote:
[Originally Posted by CrackZ]- didn't really see much that set my pulse racing. . .

CrackZ.

I heard that Ms. Twain was on the schedulle but dropped off because of last minute commitments

How'd be your pulse sir??

disavowed
June 6th, 2006, 23:15
Quote:
[Originally Posted by CrackZ]Have to say I'd be interested to hear the opinions of people who've been to previous RECON(s)

I had a very positive experience at last year's RECON. It really made me appreciate how tightly-knit the reverse-engineering-scene is.

Woodmann
June 7th, 2006, 00:24
Howdy,

Like all conferences, you might like 3 topics and have no care for the rest.

Some of the things I liked about RECON 2005 were things that had yet been tried in a "commercial" setting.

For me it is more about ideas that people have. I am interested in what peeps think the future might bring.

Well, ideas and lots of beers.

See ya'll in a week

One last thing, sometimes it is not about what is said during the conference as much as what is said in the intimate settings of the local pubs.

Woodmann

Nico
June 21st, 2006, 15:37
CrackZ

Get your bitch ass in the game ! ;-)

Recon 2006 was pretty cool.
I hope to meet you next year (been waiting too long)

N.

Quote:
[Originally Posted by CrackZ]I may try my hand at submitting a presentation for 2007 (time and material permitting), that and stalking Shania of course.

Have to say I'd be interested to hear the opinions of people who've been to previous RECON(s), I had a look at most of the video presentations of last year in the archive - didn't really see much that set my pulse racing.

I see a few names at this year that I definitely recognise though ;-).

Regards

CrackZ.

dELTA
June 21st, 2006, 16:15
Hey Nico, long time no see, just lurking lately?

Nico
June 21st, 2006, 17:50
Quote:
[Originally Posted by dELTA]Hey Nico, long time no see, just lurking lately?

Been busy as hell lately.. new job etc.

Been writing unpackers for Pocket PC PE files, giving training, etc.

What's up on your side ?

Woodmann
June 21st, 2006, 20:26
Howdy,

I chose to speak about a topic that was difficult at best.
http://www.woodmann.net/fravia/dmca.html

I panicked at the last minute and completly re-wrote the paper Friday night.
I was scheduled to speak on Saturday.

As a result of these late night changes, my talk was a disaster.

Woodmann

disavowed
June 21st, 2006, 23:49
Despite the interruptions from the audience (which I thought to be quite rude), I thought you did a good job. You showed the passion you had around the issues and I'm sure this will encourage many people to learn more.