PDA

View Full Version : E-books

trainingday
November 4th, 2005, 14:47
Hi,

I was wondering is there any special protection scheme that password protected e-books have? I loaded it wdasm after unpacking it and it had funny looking text. Look like a 2 year old making faces everywhere,but the string ref. how what I was looking for but the main screen is unreadable.

Thank you

naides
November 4th, 2005, 16:09
Yes, some of them are encrypted. The 2 year old starts talking straight if you type in the magic word

JMI
November 4th, 2005, 16:25
And trainingday:

Actually READ what is written under your signature and then go and ACTUALLY READ THE FAQ and you will discover that you have failed to meet the requirements of our Rules, that you tell US what YOU have done to try to help yourself, besides posting your question here. Have you searched out forums for information; have you searched the net for information or are you just too lazy to do some of your own work? To be entitled to help here, you have to EARN it by showing you are willing and have actually tried to help yourself. So far you have not met that responsibility.

Regards,

UrgeOverKill
November 4th, 2005, 18:05
I was wondering is there any special protection scheme that password protected e-books have? I loaded it wdasm after unpacking it and it had funny looking text.

........ and all this time I'm using a password cracker.

Kayaker
November 4th, 2005, 18:42
I don't think the main problem here has anything to do with ebooks. Yes, the poster should do some research on that issue when the time comes, but we need to give leniency where leniency is due. The problem I believe is with the "2-year old funny faces" Win32dasm makes, giving an unreadable screen. Win32dasm always does this when first installed until you select a Font to use from the main menu. Not something readily obvious or searchable for the neophyte. If it's still uncomprehensible as ASM after setting a proper font, you've got much larger problems and better deal with them with your own study.

trainingday
November 4th, 2005, 20:07
Thanx thats what was wrong exactly not all the words are readable. I really appreciate your help, and yes I searched this forum. I typed in e-books and there was nothing for this. Also, the internet has nothing on this searching, but yahoo and google. Since i can load the program now in wdsam it should be easy to serial fish the e-book now.

Thanks again