PDA

View Full Version : PSDS_Crypto (panasonic crypto)

LOUZEW
January 10th, 2005, 17:11
Hi, all
Picked up some technical docs about a Switchboard from panasonic. They are PDF files, when i try to open them, Acrobat reader try to update online, but never go fine !

I've tried to open them with some tools like Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro and it tell me that this file is encrypted by panasonic crypto (PSDS_Crypto).

I've searched alot (here, but on other board too and on the whoole internet), and find quite nothing (just a guy on one forum speking off an adobe plugin but without any mention to the plugin name or something like that). Moreover this board is in RUSSIAN language, i've tranlated the thread with a soft but we all know these soft limits !

Does anybody know about this protection and maybe a way to decrypt ? I've no idea.

mike
January 11th, 2005, 23:09
Adobe has an extensible encryption architecture. Companies can roll their own encryption dlls and encrypt with them. Sounds like you got a PDF encrypted by whatever encryption Panasonic is using. Unless you get ahold of those dlls to reverse-engineer, you're out of luck.

HaRdLoCk
January 25th, 2005, 18:38
check this out:

hxxp://www.wrs1.com/sheme/viewers/Panasonic_PSDS_HASP-Crypto_plugin_for_Adobe_Acrobat_Reader.zip

it seems that this plugin uses hasp protection. that archive holds also an emulator.. no clue if it works but you might give it a try. :-)

LOUZEW
January 31st, 2005, 16:55
Many thank's Hardlock
Will try it tomorrow !

LOUZEW
February 1st, 2005, 13:00
Many Thank's Hardlock ! ! !
It work fine, it's exactly what i need !

shopy
November 12th, 2005, 15:36
hello

i have problem with my acrobat reader opening pdf file

i install the HASP amulator as describe up

and when opening file i get the message

HASP key was not found!

dont now what to do ?

david

mike
November 23rd, 2005, 12:08
Reverse-engineer the thing and figure out *why* it says that ;D

Automation_Man
July 13th, 2007, 08:10
After MUCH searching of the web and finally having to install a special HASP decoder, I have now managed to obtain and install the necessary Filter/PSDS_Crypto: add-in required for Adobe to open and display the Panasonic service-manual pdf I was trying to read.
The only remaining challenge is that the manual is NOT in english !
Ahhhhhhh !
How hard can this be?

So ...for anyone else treading this same path of trying to read a PSDS_Crypto pdf, I thought I would sign-up and post this very belated reply to this thread.
I eventually wound up at ...
"http://www.wrs1.com/sheme/viewers.html"
and downloaded the ...
"Panasonic_PSDS_HASP-Crypto_plugin_for_Adobe_Acrobat_Reader.zip"
When I had done that I first tried the basic unpack of two files installing one into system32 and one under the Adobe reader but that didn't work, so I went on to extracting the correct versions of :-
Dh32hlp.dll, hasp95dl.vxd, psds.api, psds_sec.dll .... for WinXP
along with :-
haspdos.sys, haspnt.reg, haspnt.sys, haspvdd.dll, install.bat, Instdrv.exe, PSDS1-43.reg, psds.reg and readme.rtf.
As I had already copied the Psds.api to
\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat\Reader\plug_ins\
I just ran the install.bat, answered "yes" to the two prompts to update the registry, and rebooted my PC.
Upon reboot I was then (finally) able to load and "read" my non-english service manual !!!
A shame I can't read Arabic or whatever language it's written in.

LLXX
July 14th, 2007, 07:28
Quote:
[Originally Posted by Automation_Man;67120]The only remaining challenge is that the manual is NOT in english !
Time to go find a translator. That's beyond the scope of this forum, obviously, but that's what the rest of the Internet is for.