PDA

View Full Version : Retina v4.2 and Iris v3.5 (easy crack)

XtremeX
August 22nd, 2001, 15:01
These are the latest products from EEye. There are very easy to crack, infact Acudata Seriff is. Seriff is a product similar to FlexLM...and as I sad before it's easy to crack. I dowloaded the two progs from eeye, and with no mods they will work for 15 day as evaluation versions. I created my own license keys hopping to get a full vers... but it didn't happen.
This is where ur help would be meanfull: Can I make the evaluation vers. to be fully functional. I mention...after I created my own valid keys Retina functioned nomather how the system clock was set (1 year before or ahead) but still as evaluation vers. Who could tell me how can I make a FULL VERSION out of it. Thanks (I will post the crack to... but I don't think somebody of u elit3 guys doesn't know how to crack that shitty Sherrif)

Hz
August 22nd, 2001, 17:54
"but I don't think somebody of u elit3 guys doesn't know how to crack that shitty Sherrif". Cmon some of u elit3 (but exceedingly dumb) guys, rise to this polite challenge (cunningly? disguised cr*ck request) and cr*ck it
for him

disavowed
August 22nd, 2001, 21:41
afaik, iris (the one that's downloadable from eeye's website) is crippleware, in that some features can't be "unlocked" even with valid keys

BlackB
August 23rd, 2001, 02:55
Yes, they got smart and made *real* evaluation versions :-) In my opinion the only effective way to protect your software.... in addition to watermarking which prevents that registered copies should be illegally spread. Don't know if watermarking would be effective in eEye's case, but it is in Datarescue's case: who did see any warez version of IDA Pro 4.05 or later? I didn't.

greets

The Blackbird

mute
August 23rd, 2001, 17:28
I don't think IDA watermarking is the reason ... watermarking can be always defeated.

xtremex
August 23rd, 2001, 17:57
But if I register the product at eeye site, would thay make me download a full ver or just generate the right keys for me. Disavowed - if ur right than it means I can't do shit with what I downloaded, and key gen is nonesens, is it? (It realy isn't a way to get a full scanner from eeye - I would really need a sec scanner in W2K) 10q

ThrawN
August 23rd, 2001, 23:44
To *obtain* a registered and full copy of iris you must provide credit card details and your Buissness name. They will contact you by phone to verify the order and then you will be shiped the cd

BlackB
August 24th, 2001, 03:22
Quote:
mute (08-23-2001 15:28):
I don't think IDA watermarking is the reason ... watermarking can be always defeated.

I'm sure that if no watermarking was added, there already would be warez versions of IDA v4.15 or later. I know several persons that use a copy of IDA (bought by the company they work for) at homhe, but don't spread it because of the watermarking.

greets

The Blackbird

Samurai Joe
August 24th, 2001, 04:42
just to tell you guys... you can find the cracks for ida 4.15 and 4.16 on yahoo.

BlackB
August 24th, 2001, 06:40
Quote:
Samurai Joe (08-24-2001 02:42):
just to tell you guys... you can find the cracks for ida 4.15 and 4.16 on yahoo.

Sure there are cracks for the demo version, but a cracked demo version is nothing compared to a real retail version.
In other words, cracked evals of IDA suck

disavowed
August 24th, 2001, 11:23
the only reason to "register" the iris demo is so that it doesn't expire

and as for ida, even though ida itself may be watermarked, i don't think the updates are (i used the official 4.15 update (which was a bitch to get) on the watermarked 4.04 pro)

Aleph_
August 24th, 2001, 13:18
Quote:
disavowed (08-24-2001 09:23):
and as for ida, even though ida itself may be watermarked, i don't think the updates are (i used the official 4.15 update (which was a bitch to get) on the watermarked 4.04 pro)

You're so... moderated, Disavowed I'm searching for this very update for months, and I'm starting to find 'bitch' is quite a nice word here.
BTW, what happened to disavowed.net ?

Regards,
Aleph (unable to log in... SQL error again

tsehp
August 24th, 2001, 13:39
(still in vacation until 3 september)
I'll have the new version of ub after this date, this log error is a random one and we can't prevent it until the new version...be patient.

my words about ida + watermarking : it's up to our sense of trust in the future not to spread a watermarked version of ida, detecting a watermark is sooo simple, just read the essay I've made and the general method is to get two different versions, crack then and byte compare the exe's...then you can reverse. But the "ethical" reversers that use this wonderful tool will buy it, just to make this company last as long as possible.
That's the reason to me why ida is not spread.

Iris is crippled, maybe protected by a key that enable some crypted code in several functions, but one bought and correctly cracked, and the spreading process starts, available on your favorite ftp based software with a good search function ;-)

new rv is working fine and will be spread in september too, best regards,