PDA

View Full Version : Cloning a dongle (HASP)

Anticode
August 22nd, 2001, 07:55
Hi,
Is it possable to clone a HASP (MemoHASP-1) dongle? does a tool to do that exists?
Does anyone have a working snippet to write to the HASP memory, including the hidden area? i tryed to compile and run the code from bajunny's tutorials, it reads the HASP memory, but writing doesn't seem to to work at all...

Any help is appreciated
Cheers,
_Anticode.

goatass
August 22nd, 2001, 08:25
There is no software that can write to every cell on the dongle since some of them are read-only and can only be written to with the proper hardware which I doubt you have.
So no I don't think there is a way to completely clone a dongle, I could be wrong tho. CrackZ you should know ?

goatass

Squidge
August 22nd, 2001, 13:45
I've never actually cloned a dongle, but what I have done is find out exactly what calls a program makes to a dongle, and then because there was no real algorithms used (they just initialised the dongle and then read the dongle's memory) I wrote my own version of the software dongle interface and placed it in the same directory as the application. It's works fine, and as of yet, all the updates have worked and assume the dongle is permanently on the parallel port.

The problems come when the application programs use the algorithm's inside the dongle, and these are normally very well protected and extremely difficult to figure out (I won't say impossible, but it could takes a LOT of money and time - perhaps even years).

CrackZ
August 22nd, 2001, 14:55
Hiya,

MemoHASP-1's were broken internally about 4 years ago, the HaspCode() algorithm which makes up the only *hidden* part of the HASP dongle services (other than the memory) was recovered from an old driver binary, the algorithm was in the clear and has been published.

As for reading and writing memory, well I can suggest 2 very simple ways, there is a haspedit.exe utility available from HASP themselves which allows programming of the EPROM memory, just insert the appropriate HASP passwords, plug in your dongle and edit at will.

If you can't find this utility, a quick editing of one of the sample programs would suffice, service 4 or service 51 (writeword or writeblock) would do (again you'd need those HASP passwords ;-) ).

Goatass, I think you may have hurried your reply and confused a few dongle types ;-), inevitably there are non-public access areas on most dongles, HASP have reserved themselves 16 bytes, and Sentinel too reserve themselves parts to burn in information like passwords/developer ID's and a serial number, to confuse matters further one can designate in say Sentinel's EPROM, read only cells, this is sidetracking somewhat though.

To Anticode, drop me a line as to the name of your target, I might be able to help more, moreover you might be able to help me with another program for my list ;-).

Regards

CrackZ.

Anticode
August 22nd, 2001, 19:55
Hi again,
First, Thank you all for your replies.

To CarckZ:
This is and old version of mind's PhonEX call tracking software (win16).
http://www.mindcti.co.uk/public_html/products.html
I don't think the program is available for download (broken link).
If you want i can send you the program and dongle dump, just one little problem: the program's language is not in english.

Thanks again,
_Anticode

CrackZ
August 23rd, 2001, 12:50
Hiya Anticode,

Search, search, through my HASP archives ;-), I have a Mind-iPhoneEX Billing Software record (possibly this is another product, same company though it seems, & its in English too, what a bonus!).

I'm interested to grab a look at your target and dump, so drop me an e-mail and we'll set something up.

Regards

CrackZ.

Anticode
August 24th, 2001, 16:46
Ok, check your mailbox.

Martin McKeen
September 1st, 2001, 16:32
There is full hasp clone available, including new hasp4 encode/decode functions:

http//:dongleduplicate.nsys.by

Quote:
Anticode (08-22-2001 05:55):
Hi,
Is it possable to clone a HASP (MemoHASP-1) dongle? does a tool to do that exists?
Does anyone have a working snippet to write to the HASP memory, including the hidden area? i tryed to compile and run the code from bajunny's tutorials, it reads the HASP memory, but writing doesn't seem to to work at all...

Any help is appreciated
Cheers,
_Anticode.

MeteO
October 11th, 2001, 19:57
It is possible to clone HASP dongle. In attach i've put haspgrab utility, which can write hidden words of dongle.
Note! You can clone dongle only with same open passwords.

Unregistered
November 2nd, 2001, 15:39
Hi, guys

We cloning dongles 100%. With all new functions and memory offsets.
Look there http://dongleduplicate.nsys.by

MeteO
November 2nd, 2001, 23:04
Martin, when you'll get your own .com/net/org site?

I've register undongled.com, wold you like to join to this site?

Unregistered
November 6th, 2001, 16:20
Thanks, MeteO.
Seems that there is no page at your domain undongled.com
Why? You want to give it to me?

MeteO
November 6th, 2001, 18:29
For hosting undongled.com

Mail me if you can help.