PDA

View Full Version : Hack an exe linked to to a Marx crypto Usb

glute18
November 21st, 2013, 12:59
Hi i'm new in this concept so i'll try to be clear.

I have a soft on a cd which has been installed on two different stations before with a marx cryptobox usb i think.

I want to install the same soft (I have the setup file on a cd), it proceeds correctly installing many diffrent little software inside the big one on diffrent directories on my pc.

But when i want to launch some of them (.exe files) i have an error message telling me "wrong UID, bad path and/or dongle...etc".

I have also found in one directory after installation, a setup cbusetup.exe for marx dongle to install drivers of the supposed dongle on the pc..

So, my problem is that i haven't got the dongle with me, so is it possible to modify such exe to make them happy without any dongle ??

Thanks

FoxB
November 22nd, 2013, 10:09
you need known the valid dongle type.

glute18
November 22nd, 2013, 10:57
Thanks, but at this time i don't even know if a dongle or other type of storage have been used..Just have the error message and

Just saw on the Valid workstations, a driver for CBUsetupe.exe...

glute18
November 22nd, 2013, 12:42
Quote:
[Originally Posted by glute18;95784]Thanks, but at this time i don't even know if a dongle or other type of storage have been used..Just have the error message and

Just saw on the Valid workstations, a driver for CBUsetupe.exe...

In fact, first of all i would like if such install process has been made on the working Computers, where on mine should i have a look for particular files or directories, telling me the soft (.exe) is waiting for something else...

Am i clear ? Maybe my english isn't correct enough !??

FoxB
November 22nd, 2013, 12:43
You need make the dongle log with the usb trace. Some hint you can find on this board, simply try to serch it.