PDA

View Full Version : IDA not showing "Possible Reference to --> " after opening file

aterra
April 27th, 2013, 14:14
Hi, I tried opening the program I want to crack with IDA 6.1 and I think the reason IDA is not showing (Possible Reference to --> *String*) is because IDA won't disassemble the program completely.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Note: When I open the program I want to crack with HIEW/BDASM the string I'm searching for is there...

Aimless
April 27th, 2013, 14:23
Quote:
[Originally Posted by aterra;94604]Hi, I tried opening the program I want to crack with IDA 6.1 and I think the reason IDA is not showing (Possible Reference to --> *String*) is because IDA won't disassemble the program completely.

Is there anything I can do about that?

Note: When I open the program I want to crack with HIEW/BDASM the string I'm searching for is there...

Leave cracking alone for a while.

Instead, learn your tools and a bit of assembly. Download a copy of IDA Pro 2nd Edition. Download MASM32. Download Iczelion's tuts. Watch Lena and Tiga's video tuts.

Then start easy. By cracking older versions of winzip and mirc. Once you become proficient, then think about breaking your program.

ALTERNATIVELY, load resources during the IDA startup box. AND include UNICODE strings in the search for strings configuration dialog in IDA. But that;'s an easy way out. Brain > IDA. Always.

Have Phun