PDA

View Full Version : Desperate (and not massively knowledgeable)

nurglespuss
October 1st, 2012, 13:27
Hi All,

I'm (very) green at this stuff, and after trying for four days and not getting very far, I could use some advice/help etc.

Basically we have a piece of software called edited. software for examining 2dimensional protein gels.

It hasn't been used for some time, and there is only one key (which isn't very reliable).

I've managed to get a 'dmp' file from it (as other sites/software has instructed me). However, when I try the next step (using UniDumpToReg) it says the file is of unknown size?

I don't know if I'm following the right route, as I need to use this software in a non-networked location.

Any help massively appreciated!!

disavowed
October 2nd, 2012, 00:11
Sounds pretty simple -- just e-mail the author and explain your need to use it in a non-networked location. As you're a paying customer, the author should be willing and able to help you.

nurglespuss
October 2nd, 2012, 01:35
Quote:
[Originally Posted by disavowed;93323]Sounds pretty simple -- just e-mail the author and explain your need to use it in a non-networked location. As you're a paying customer, the author should be willing and able to help you.

Thank you, that was my first port of call, they want a considerable sum for a non online version, as they no longer support this older version. Thank you.

disavowed
October 2nd, 2012, 08:56
Seems like a good time to upgrade to the latest version, then.

nurglespuss
October 2nd, 2012, 09:29
Quote:
[Originally Posted by disavowed;93327]Seems like a good time to upgrade to the latest version, then.

Rather outside the project budget I'm afraid. The limited publishing of such software, drives the price up imeasurably.