PDA

View Full Version : help required with real life debugging

wbe
December 31st, 2010, 07:32
Another one is about to be terminated. I don't want to jmp to and F9 the next new year call. I'd rather like to break and F7 into it, choosing only the functions that are favorable for me. I also want to be able to loop back a thread or a special function and choose where and when to execute it.

Any help with the key codes?

Woodmann
December 31st, 2010, 21:59
Errrrrrrr..........

HAppy nEwYear.

Just go with the flow.

Woodmann

Aimless
December 31st, 2010, 22:55
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!

dELTA
December 31st, 2010, 23:04
Instead of waiting for the favorable functions to appear, just patch the damn code to your own pleasing, duh.

And remember, never underestimate the joys of unpacking scantily crypted slutware, followed by brute-force searching for their OEP in a manner that makes their imports really hard to reconstruct.

Happy new year!

JMI
January 1st, 2011, 14:44
Well said dELTA!

Regards,

wbe
January 2nd, 2011, 09:06
Quote:
[Originally Posted by dELTA;88796]Instead of waiting for the favorable functions to appear, just patch the damn code to your own pleasing, duh.

If only I could break the flow of the routine. May be I should try memory patching or else do it at your 'location', I mean at Ring -1. Is life loaded to memory? I only know it's not kinda TSR thing. When it terminates, you go for good.

Quote:
[Originally Posted by dELTA;88796]And remember, never underestimate the joys of unpacking scantily crypted slutware, followed by brute-force searching for their OEP in a manner that makes their imports really hard to reconstruct.

I've never underestimated those joys dear dELTA. The thing is, they're archived and stored in the "sweet memories of the past department" now, but I do remember how to find the OEP of slutware, either plain, heavily packed or encrypted. And my primary concern is not the imports being hard to reconstruct. It is to 'construct' hardness and maintain it.

Anyway, I finally got the complete control of my life in my hands, except for some minor health issues and a major dysfunction. Given the limitations which are highly prevalent at my age, I think I must not complain.

Wish you all a nice new year folks.

Aimless
January 2nd, 2011, 09:54
Quote:
[Originally Posted by wbe;88821]
Anyway, I finally got the complete control of my life in my hands

Don't take too much in your hands though... else you'll lose hair and turn blind. Not me, just rumors.

Have Phun

dELTA
January 2nd, 2011, 11:30
Quote:
[Originally Posted by wbe;88821]Anyway, I finally got the complete control of my life in my hands
Ah, congratulations on the divorce then, now start unpacking that slutware.

wbe
January 2nd, 2011, 12:08
Quote:
[Originally Posted by dELTA;88826]Ah, congratulations on the divorce then, now start unpacking that slutware.

9090, I better go for some dreamware on wmware.

A lotta word play is going on here. Who started this thread?

JMI
January 2nd, 2011, 17:37
Well, unless you're over 65, your "equipment" is not older than mine.

Regards,

Woodmann
January 2nd, 2011, 22:06
Alas, the age card has been played .

Perhaps I have shown my cards in error .

Keep on keepin on wbe. If you try too hard
to reverse some things it will only result
in a brain cramp of gigantic proportion. Trust me on that one .

Woodmann