PDA

View Full Version : Looking for two Security Research Engineers-Toronto

dseo
January 26th, 2010, 14:20
VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”

Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence, with reference to JOB: Security Research Engineers (vulnerability, detection, binaries) to doyles@vtrac.com or call: (416) 366-2600 x 230

Position: Security Research Engineers (vulnerability, detection, binaries) 3 positions
Position Type: Permanent
Job Order # 2524

Job Description:
Be part of a cutting edge organization with great people, culture, working environment and perks.
Work in flex hours, partially or completely remote environment. The company has been as one the most exciting Hot Technology companies and awarded for many consecutive years, also selected as “one of the best places to work.”

We are looking for passionate security technology Gurus, Geeks and Ethical hacking research engineers. If your passion is digging into the underlying protocols of the internet, for being the source of information that helps prevent computer crime, or for building information systems that model the global threat environment, you’ll fit right into our team. We are looking for Junior, intermediate and senior researchers. If you do not have a degree but experience, please feel free to apply.

Responsibilities:

Actively participate in the industry’s most respected security research team.
Research newly disclosed software vulnerabilities and develop detection.
Research and develop hardened host configurations for operating systems, databases, and applications.
Expand the organization’s products to detect new vulnerabilities and security weaknesses.
Keep abreast of new developments in information security, analyze the threat environment, and turn this knowledge into action that protects our clients.
Contribute to our VERT (Vulnerability and Exposures Research Team) blog, publish research findings, present at security conferences, and participate in the standards bodies that guide global security

Qualifications:

Demonstrated attention to detail, curiosity, and persistence are your key character traits
Proven ability to excel in both self-directed and team oriented tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Demonstrated interest in information security
Ability to rapidly learn new protocols, programming languages, and architectures, and to apply that knowledge to the analysis of network traffic, exploit code, and system configurations.
Strong understanding of analysis methodologies and research techniques.

Three or more years experience as one of:

Security Consultant or Penetration Tester
Security Engineer
Software Engineer
Network Administrator
System Administrator
Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT-related disciplines strongly preferred.
Programming experience with the Python language

Key Skills &Knowledge:

Experience with computer and network security standards. Professional certification such as GIAC, CISSP, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, recommended. (not a must)
Intimate knowledge of computer operating systems. In particular, significant understanding of one or more of the following families:
Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, BSD, and other Unix-based systems
Windows family of operating systems especially Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista.
Experience with web application and/or database security concepts and practices.
Strong understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP and other Internet protocols. Ability to understand network protocols representations as they appear “on the wire”.
Knowledge of security vulnerability exploit code, as well as an ability to understand and reverse-engineer code to exploit classes of attacks such as buffer overflows, format string attacks, and integer overflows.
Knowledge of intrusion detection filters, signature definitions, and vulnerability description standards such as XCCDF, OVAL, CVE, CPE, and CCE.
Experience with virtualization or cloud technologies.
Understanding of operating system fingerprinting techniques.
Experience with networking concepts such as: routing protocols, switching standards, firewall rules, network address translation (NAT), CIDR, BPF and other packet filtering technologies.
Strong experience with tools such as IDA Pro, BinDiff, Wireshark (Ethereal), Nessus, nmap, commercial scanning technologies, etc.
Professional experience with and deep knowledge of programming languages such as: Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C/C++, shell scripting, SQL, or PHP is strongly recommended.

We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.

EB00
January 28th, 2010, 21:36
Hell yeah,

I'm going to be a millionaire! Seriously, although the job description sounds awsome, I'd never contact these guys just because I'm afraid it's a trap. They even expect you to have done something illegal in the past if they offer the job at this forum. Why can't I read a job offer like this in my local newspaper :P

evaluator
January 29th, 2010, 06:13
commoooooon, on this Mboard yet no one did illegal.. from where you get such dirt-thoughts!?

i'm ready to join this compUny, just i can't understood 2 things:
what is MS-WORD format?
what means: "cutting edge organization" ?

are they going to cut somth on my pee-pee!?

Woodmann
January 29th, 2010, 21:18
Jesus H jumped up christ........

eval, your just killing me tonight with your witty insight .

Send them your resume and see what happens.
Maybe you can come and stay with me a few months of the year .

Woodmann