PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow super pro (copier)

ZEALOT
September 5th, 2008, 13:11
hi, I have a copier machine and need a rainbow super pro dongle to use the email, fax... etc, then my idea was to connect the dongle to my pc usb port and with a filter driver and library to write a program for capture the raw data of usb and redirect it to copier machine in other usb port (+ - an usb proxy...), but when I've tried this, the program only show me URB data...

I wish know if it is posible, capture the dongle raw data(with my idea(proxy)) and burn a microcontroller for emulation(using dongle capture) and connect it to copier machine or I must to crack the firmware of copier....

ideas?

sorry, English is not my mother tongue...

FrankRizzo
September 6th, 2008, 15:46
Sounds like FUN!

Do you have access to the firmware from the unit? (Normally the easiest way is to search the net for a firmware upgrade, and then snag it from there).

If you DO, then I would just run that through IDA, find the references to the dongle code using the Sentinel file for IDA.

That would probably be the easiest way really. Otherwise, you are hacking on the dongle to get each bit of info, only to find out later that when a fax comes in, it prints a big skull and crossbones in the middle because it accessed some OTHER location that you didn't know about.

ZEALOT
September 8th, 2008, 09:42
yep, if dont way for capture the raw data then the better option will be to crack the firmware... I will go to search the firmware and post it or upload it to free server(I dont know if I might do it here), but I will need help with this... I never have handle firmware to crack it...

for mp somebody msg me: emulator can replace your dongle at 100%it internal memory data, algo, cell types.and you don't need burn any microchip ...

yes, but I have a lot of copiers(200 copiers - some are in other side) and I could not to be each month reconnect them for enable all services because the "effect" of dongle only has one month duration... this is the reason for that I want to burn a microcontroller for emulation and only connect it to the copier, enable services and go on with other... OR to crack the firmware...

JMI
September 8th, 2008, 11:24
Do not post the code here!

You can handle this through PM (private message) and arrange where you might upload you material with whomever might be interested.

Regards,

FrankRizzo
September 8th, 2008, 21:14
For the record, I wasn't suggesting that he post anything here other than comments.

I wouldn't do that to you JMI.

Woodmann
September 8th, 2008, 22:38
JMI did not mean you Frank.

He was just saying in case zealot wanted to post it here.

Woodmann

FrankRizzo
September 8th, 2008, 22:40
Are you saying that someone named Zealot, could be a little. Ummm.. Over ZEALOUS? :-)

JMI
September 8th, 2008, 23:41
YUP!!

Regards,

ZEALOT
September 9th, 2008, 09:35
hehhe ZEALOUS xD, it's just a misunderstanding... ok, I won't post the code here...

Woodmann
September 9th, 2008, 15:33
You can post it.

Just make sure it is generic ie; no names.

Woodmann

FoxB
September 10th, 2008, 03:40
Quote:
[Originally Posted by ZEALOT;76888]...for mp somebody msg me: emulator can replace your dongle at 100%it internal memory data, algo, cell types.and you don't need burn any microchip ...

is bad solutions?