From Collaborative RCE Tool Library
|Tool name:||010 Editor||
|Last updated:||January 2010|
|Direct D/L link:||http://www.sweetscape.com/download/010EditorInstaller.exe|
|Description:||A professional hex editor designed to quickly and easily edit the contents of binary files. Some features:
* View and edit any file on your hard drive (unlimited file size).
* Unique Binary Templates technology allows you to understand any binary file format.
* Find and fix problems with hard drives, floppy drives, memory keys, flash drives, CD-ROMs, processes, etc.
* Analyze and edit binary data with powerful tools including Find, Replace, Find in Files, Binary Comparisons, Checksum/Hash Algorithms, Histograms, etc.
* Powerful scripting engine allows automation of many tasks (language is very similar to C).
* Import and export your binary data in a number of different formats.
010 Editor's Binary Templates technology allows you to understand the bytes of a binary file by presenting you with the file parsed into an easy-to-use structure. Binary Templates are easy to write and look similar to C/C++ structures except they are very powerful and can be configured to parse any binary format.
The hex editor built into 010 Editor can load files of any size instantly, and features unlimited undo and redo on all editing operations. The editor can even copy or paste huge blocks of data between files instantly.
You are welcome to add your own useful notes about this tool, for others to see!
(please also edit it if you think it fits well in some additional category, since this can also be controlled)