From Collaborative RCE Knowledge Library
This library is what its users make it, and thus it is very important to have some ground rules for everyone to follow.
The breaking of any of these rules can and will result in immediate banning, without any warning shots being fired.
Rules regarding uploading of files to the library:
- NEVER upload commercial or otherwise non-free files, they will be immediately removed! (abandonware might be ok though, and will be judged on a case-by-case basis)
- Avoid uploading larger items that have their own (predictably stable/working) official download location/website etc, they might be removed.
- Only ZIP, RAR, GZ, TGZ and PDF uploads are allowed, all other uploads will fail.
- Summary: Only free and hard-to-come-by items can be uploaded, otherwise just link to the official D/L location!
Rules regarding item submission in general:
- Only serious submissions of items that you think are good or unique to their field are allowed. All kinds of biased advertising of crap products or similar information is prohibited.
- Only submissions of relevance to the RCE field are allowed. All other kinds of items, or even worse, spam, is strictly prohibited.
Rules regarding item editing:
- Only serious edits of items are allowed. All kinds of biased advertising of crap products or addition of similar information is prohibited.
- It is only allowed to add information (in the description of) a item, never to remove it. It is allowed to correct spelling errors, grammatical errors, formulation errors or apparent fact errors or outdated information though. In all other cases, the items should just be reported to the admins, which will make the decision about removing any questionable information (see below).
Rules regarding reporting of pages:
- All user-editable pages (i.e. individual item pages) have a "report this page" link at the very bottom of the page. Please use this link to report all pages that either contain any kind of spam, or that have been vandalized in any way (please report this even if you attempt to restore the vandalized information, since things may have been deleted that you cannot restore yourself).
- If a page contains any information that you think is wrong, but you're not 100% sure, please report this page anyway, it will be much appreciated. Do NOT edit any such information if you are not 100% sure about it's incorrectness though!